About this blog

Chronic. Invisible. Debilitating. (and hard to diagnose.)


These 3 words describe Soeun’s physical discomfort when he is in Australia.



The actual blog part of this blog (Scrapbook) is partly things I wrote in June 2016 during Migraine Awareness month reflecting back on 2011-12, trying to understand things, as well as links to relevant articles I'm reading these days. And bits and pieces of other things about life with the Dizzy Monster.


Wednesday, June 29, 2016

uncertainty for want of a better description- oops i mean unpredictability

I just created this label "uncertainty" as I was reading through my 2012 blog posts.
I'm trying to think of a better way to explain it, but what I meant by that was each day was kind of stressful not knowing if Soeun would get sick.
We had a diagnosis finally, and for a time he was trying out a drug. So maybe we were thinking it was over, or under control.
 And some days he would have a really good day.
But then the hard days were hard, I think we forgot to expect them.

I think life is still like that a bit, but The Dizzy Monster doesn't visit us as often in Cambodia, and its not as intense.

Update: i found the word- unpredictability

http://themighty.com/2016/06/chronic-migraine-and-unpredictable-daily-life-and-treatment/

No comments:

Post a Comment